Part 1 - The Early Stages of Our Boat Deck
If you've followed along with our other painted plywood floor projects, you'll already have a basic understanding of how we got to the point that we're ready to begin designing the custom boat deck flooring. If this is your first visit to our site, then here's a quick recap of what we've done so far, along with a few links to catch you up to speed:
- Sanded all of the seams and nail holes using a belt sander and an edger.
- Filled in joints and spot-treated plywood imperfections as-needed with wood filler.
- Sanded filler compound once it dried to achieve smooth results.
- Painted a coat of oil-based primer to help seal the wood and cover the subfloor.
- Re-sanded and filled spots as required to improve floor texture.
- Painted second coat of primer to deliver final pre-painted floor.